I know there are unproduced Superman (or Superman-related) scripts scattered across a few different threads. I've read them all but am still looking for a few potentially missing links. They seem like long-shots, and some may not have existed at all except in febrile imaginations...
- The second part of Jonathan Lemkin's Superman Reborn from 1995. The one in circulation stops at page 58. Even if it's not out there, it'd be interesting to find out why it stops at such an arbitrary point.
- An alleged later draft of Superman Lives (though his first draft is called just "Superman") by Wes Strick. I've got the 7.7.97 draft, but Jon Schnepp claims to have seen a later one while researching The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?
- I heard rumours of Superman Lives drafts by Ron Bass and/or Akiva Goldsman during the period between Strick's script being shelved and Dan Gilroy's first draft. If the timeline is right these would be from late 1997, early 1998.
- Keith Giffen's Lobo treatment from late 2000. Seen at least one review so it looks like this is real.
- Paul Attanasio's Superman: Destruction (2001) - might be just a treatment, might be a whole script, might not exist at all. Opinion seems divided.
- Andrew Kevin Walker's original draft of Batman vs Superman (prior to the Goldsman revisions); likely late 2001/early 2002. Again, I've seen at least one review.
- The Josh Schwartz rewrite of J.J. Abrams. Abrams' first draft (Superman) was dated July 2002, his second October 2003 (Flyby). Schwartz allegedly rewrote him at the behest of McG, who was tentatively attached as director twice (Feb to Sep 2002, then June 2003 to July 2004), so I'm not sure which period this would be from.